Sunday, January 24, 2010

First the Present and then the Past

So, I'm finally back. Blame my mom again...on the road again...

This has been one heck of a week for us. She went away for work on Tuesday. On Monday afternoon, I had a low grade fever -- about 99. On Tuesday, it was about the same. But, by Tuesday night it got all the way up to 103.1 Papa and GG took me to the ER. I had a fever, but you couldn't tell. I was in a good mood when I walked in the ER. Turns out it was a double ear infection. I'm on antibiotics now and feeling good!

On Friday, my mom was at the airport to catch a flight home. She fell off the shuttle bus at the terminal and rolled her ankle. It was pretty bad, but she wanted to come home so she got help from the people who were traveling with her and from a skycap and made it to her plane.

We had to pick her up because she couldn't drive - it was her right ankle. Papa drove my mom's car home, and GG, me and mom followed in Papa's car. When we go to Papa and GG's house, Papa took me in and up to bed. GG took my mom to the ER. She made two trips in one week. The nurse who took care of me was the same nurse that took care of my mom! She sprained her ankle. She did the same thing to the same ankle two year ago. They just sent her home with an air cast.

Now, she's using GG's old cane to get around. I taught her how to use it. I'm a good teacher. Otherwise, we just spent the weekend as usual. I went to basketball class. I'm still trying to perfect the behind my back and through my legs move. I think I'll get it before class is over. We went to Target, and Papa let me get Free Willy. I watched that


post signature

No comments: