Monday, July 7, 2008

Fourth of July

Hi everyone! I had a really great 4th of July weekend. Hope you did too!

On Thursday, we were supposed to go to the beach with Kristen, Evan and Megan (3/4 of the McKnights), but the weather was not cooperating. Instead, we went to the McKnights' house. Megan and I ate a lot of fake popcorn - we love that stuff! Then we went in the basement and played while my mom, Kristen and Evan played Wii. My mom hit Evan in the head about 3 times!

On Thursday night, we went to the our friends in Sylvan Lake to watch fireworks. When we got there, it was still light out, so I went to the beach and played in the water and in the sand. It was a lot of fun. I lost my sunglasses while we were there, but that's ok. I have another pair. I also played on the swings. My mom pushed me, and I said "Weee!" And, Uncle Osh showed up, and we played catch. Finally, it got dark, and the fireworks started. It was really loud. I liked to watch them, but I didn't like the noise. Every time there was a break, I'd say to my mom "All done?" I did not like the noise in the grand finale, but overall it was a good time. I didn't even get home until almost midnight.

When I finally got up the next day, it was 10:30. We went to the McKinnons for a BBQ. I was having a really good time running around the house. In fact, we probably would have stayed longer, but someone who shall remain nameless filled every last diaper his mom brought for him. Friday was a lot of fun. In fact, it was so much fun I did not want to go to sleep.

On Saturday, I went to Trevor's all star t-ball game with Papa and GG. It as a lot of fun. You should see those guys hit the ball. It was awesome! One day, I will hit theball like that, I just know it. On Saturday afternoon I went swimming at Club de Martine, aka Mrs. Martin's pool. I had a good time jumping in.

Then I went up to Granny Nanny's house. I went into her pool too. Uncle Osh was there, and he played with me in the pool. I had a spectacular time at Granny Nanny's. My friend Noah was there, and we played catch. We also played with bubbles, which is a lot of fun in case you didn't know. I posted a video of me and the bubbles. I was there until late. In fact, I was so tired that I feel asleep in the car in the driveway while my mom and Granny Nanny talked.

On Sunday, I went to church with Papa, Momma and Uncle Osh. When I looked up and saw the organist I yelled out "Abu" (Uncle Butch) because he had dark hair like Abu. I made it through the entire service without going to the nursery. I went up to communion with my mom so I could get my blessing. My diaper was full -- you think I have to ask for forgiveness for that? Just wondering. After church we went to Rainforest Cafe. I ate with gorillas and elephants. It was fun, except for the thunderstorms in there. That was kinda loud.

OK, there you have. A synopsis of my weekend. Synopsis is a very grown up word, isn't it.

Later!

No comments: