Monday, November 16, 2009

Wizard of Oz

It is coming up on the Wizard of Oz's 70th Anniversary so it was on all weekend long. I watched it a lot. At first the Cowardly Lion was scary to me, but my mom explained that the Cowardly Lion was Dorothy's friend. After that I wasn't scared. The green face witch and those funny monkeys didn't scare me at all. I like this movie, and that's a good thing. It's my mom's favorite.

I had a good weekend. On Saturday, I played outside for a while with Papa. We played baseball, of course. I was hitting a plastic ball off the team, and I was really nailing them. One hit Papa in the forehead, and when we went inside, he had a bright red spot on his head. I also went with GG to visit Mr. Peregon. Mr. Peregon had surgery so I decided to bring him ghost shaped marshmallows. I thought they might help him feel better. On Saturday night, we went to eat with Sharon and Loren. We went to Mr. B's in Rochester. Uncle Gosh came too. I like Mr. B's because they have a game room. I sure went through a lot of quarters.

On Sunday, my mom and I watched the Wizard of Oz from beginning to end. I was not happy with Miss Gulch when she tried to take Toto so I ran up to the TV and yelled "You're a bad woman!" to her. During the evening, we went to the Granger party. Every year they have an end-of-the year party.
I had a lot of fun. I played with Jackson. Jackson has a big train set and some musical instruments. We had a blast. My birthday is coming up, maybe I should ask for a drum set.


post signature

1 comment:

Keith said...

You're a braver man than me, X...I've always been scared by that movie! Whatever you do, though, don't ever let your Mom show you Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory...that one's even worse! :-)