Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Cancun

My mom took me to Cancun for 6 days -- just the two of us. Some people told her she was very brave. What about me? I was stuck with her for 6 days people -- 6 days! We had a really good time.

In the morning we would eat breakfast -- I had yogurt, bacon and grapes. Then I went to daycare, and my mom went to the gym. I used to cry when she left, but I wasn't really sad. I only did that to keep her on her toes. I had a lot of fun at daycare -- all the girls who worked there called me Javier. It sounded really cool. We played games and went in the pool and sang songs.

My mom picked me up and then we went to the pool. We hung out there for about 4 hours every day. We'd watch the water aerobics class or play with other kids. I especially liked to play with Danielle. She's from New York, and she was really nice to me. She made me laugh a lot! You will see her in one of the pictures. We ate lunch by the pool too. I had chicken strips, fries and nacho chips every day. I liked to throw the food onthe ground so the birds would come and eat it. It made my mom scream because she is scared of birds. She says she doesn't want to get pooped on.

After the pool, we went up to the room to take a nap. I would sleep for at least 2 hours. Then we changed and freshened up (no idea what that means, but my mom said that's what we were doing). Then it was downstairs for dinner and ice cream. Then we would go to the lobby to hang out. They had a player piano, and I like to run around it and get chased by my mom. After all this, we would go to the live show. Sometimes they had a circus and sometimes they had Elvis and Madonna impersonators. The shows were a lot of fun! After the shows came bedtime, but I was too pumped to sleep. My mom would walk me around the hotel in the stroller until I fell asleep. One night it took 45 minutes!

While we were in Mexico, we also went on a submarine ride. We had to take a boat to get to the submarine. It was a lot of fun, but my mom was holding on TIGHT! I was so proud of her -- she didn't even get seasick. The submarine ride was cool; some sea turtles swam right past me.

My mom wants to say that traveling alone with a toddler wasn't so bad. But then again, I am an exceptional child. She says pack lots and lots of snacks, books, toys, and wet ones. It also helps to sit next to grandparents like we did on the way home.

All in all, Cancun was a blast, and I am very lucky we were able to go.

Now -- when do we go back!

No comments: