Monday, July 20, 2009

What a Life!

Here's the low down on what I've been up to.

On Friday, my mom picked me up from school. We were going to go to the park, but it was raining. Instead my mom took me to the "cheap" movie theater to see "Earth." It was a Disney movie that came out on Earth Day. James Earl Jones -- A University of Michigan alum! -- narrated the story about various families of animals. I really liked it. That's why I talked throughout the entire movie. When I saw the baby ducks walking, I said "Look! They shake their booties." When the wolf was chasing the caribou I told my mom that the wolf was not nice and not making a good choice. One time a baby elephant couldn't see because the wind was bowing sand in his eyes, and he walked into a tree. I told my mom "He no watch where he going. Run into tree. Boom!" Finally, a leopard was chasing a gazelle, and my mom told me they were playing. When the leopard threw the gazelle to the ground my mom said the leopard made a bad choice, but I corrected her right away. "The leopard is hugging the baby deer."

On Saturday, my mom and I met Papa and GG by our house to go up north to Mackinac Island. Mackinac Island is a historic island in Lake Huron by the Upper Peninsula. It is the site of Fort Mackinac, and historical events happened there. We went because my Papa had a game there. We had to take a ferry over from Mackinac City to Mackinac Island. It was cool -- the ferry had a rooster tail the entire time. The Island was a lot of fun, even though it was kind of cold. They had tons of ice cream. And guess what? No cars are allowed on the island! You can walk, ride a bike or take a horse drawn taxi. I liked the horses a lot. Every time I saw one, I would say "Way to go horsey! Way to go!" I even saw a horse pee! I thought that was really cool. After my nap, my mom put me in my Granger uniform -- just like Papa's, and we had to go up the hill to the game. We had a lot to carry, so we took a taxi! It was awesome!

Papa's team won the game, and after the game, we all went to a bar to celebrate. Even me! After we partied, we went back to our hotel. I was a little hyper so I was running and sliding. Then the front desk called our room because someone reported that there was a party going on in our room. Well, duh! I was there, and I am a party all by myself. I didn't even go to sleep until 11 o'clock. I partied like a rock star!

It was a great weekend.

Smooches.



post signature

3 comments:

Ryan said...

Way to go X! Rockin' the hotel at such a young age, you are too cool! :-) Congrats to Papa for winning his game!

Keith said...

X the Rock Star...I love it! Should've thrown a tv out the window and really let 'em know you were there ;-)

Hope you guys are doing well and that we get to see a pic of you in your Grangers uni!

Harlan said...

Sounds like the movie was fun and your hotel adventures are impressive. We will have to compare hotel stories next time we are together.