Monday, December 14, 2009

Saturday November 28 and Sunday November 29

These were both very big days for me. On Saturday, GG, mom and I went to the toy store. I was going to buy a toy with my pacis. I was totally psyched for it. I told everyone I was joining the Big Guy Club. I spent a long time looking for the perfect toy. I finally found it. It was kind of a bike, like a tricycle, but it didn't have pedals. You make it move simply by turning the wheel back and forth. It's lots of fun. I was very proud of myself. I took the bike home to show Papa and Uncle Butchie. When it was nap time, though, I wanted my pacis. I cried and cried and cried. I told my mom "I don't want to be a big boy." When she explained that I had used my pacis to buy a toy, I said to her "Take it back. I want my paci." After about an hour of crying, I finally fell asleep.

When I woke up, it was time for my birthday party. I still was unhappy about the paci situation, but there was so much going on that I forgot about it. We had pizza and cake with ice cream. The cake was shaped like a monkey, and we gave out frosted butter cookies shaped like bananas. The party was bananas! I got lots of great gifts, and Emma and I had fun running around like crazy people!

When it came time for me to go to bed, I was not happy. I wanted the paci. I cried and cried and cried. I was up until midnight. I finally fell asleep, but my mom says that around 3 am, I started to yell "Yes, yes!" and then I fell right back asleep. When I woke up the next morning, I had a paci in my mouth. You read that correctly, I found a paci in the middle of the night. Oh Happy Day! My mom asked where I got the paci. I told "I found it -- under the cover." I was so happy to have it back, that my mom and I struck a new deal. I can only have the paci when I am sleeping. Hey - it's better than nothing.

On Sunday, we went to a very nice dinner. We were celebrating my birthday and Papa and GG's 40th anniversary. I had one of my favorite dinners -- steak! Yum! After dinner, we went to downtown Rochester with the Fortiers to see the lights. Every year, Main St. in Rochester hangs lights vertically on all the store fronts -- from the top of the buildings all the way down to the ground. It's really pretty. We like to go before they are turned on because when they first turn them on, it's brilliant. My mom says the lights are for the holidays, but I'm not buying it. They turned them on for the first time this year on my birthday. Personally, I think the city was celebrating my birthday!

Here's a link to a picture:



Here's a link to a video:



post signature

1 comment:

Harlan said...

We rocked it over Thanksgiving buddy! Can't wait for Christmas. Hope Santa Claus is good to us.

Uncle Butchie