Wednesday, August 5, 2009

If it ain't broke... but if it IS broken...

I know you're all waiting to hear about my Sunday after my last teaser.

On Sunday, my mom and I went to Granny Nanny and Uncle Nerd's to visit. I love it up there -- it's always fun. I was throwing balls into the hoop by the pool (I know you're surprised about that...or not). When a ball went in the water, I tried to crouch down and reach out to get it. My mom told me "absolutely not!" Later I did the same thing, only this time I lost my balance and fell in.

By the time my mom finished screaming "Xavier!" Granny Nanny and Uncle Nerd were in the water to help me. My mom says I sank a bit and then I kicked my legs and moved my arms. I started to come back to the top, and Granny Nanny went under water to help me. She said my eyes were really big under the water, but my mouth was closed. My mom says Granny Nanny's eyes were really big when she came to the top. I didn't drink any water, and I didn't even cry much. I just said "That scared me."

On Sunday evening we went to my friend V's (Vivian) house to play. Emma went too. I was excited to see my two friends, and V has lots of cool toys. She has a trampoline, a swingset, a car you can drive, lots of balls and other toys too. I even drove her Cadillac Escalade! My mom had to help me steer though. When I was at V's, I was standing on her scooter -- it was the kind you push with your feet. I fell off of it onto the driveway. I pretty much jumped back up and kept playing until it was time to go home.

At home, I told my mom that my leg hurt. When she asked where, I pointed to my left thigh. I wasn't really crying, though. I went to bed, and on Monday morning when my mom got me out of bed, I started to cry and scream when she bent my legs in toward my chest. This is unusual for me so my mom took me to the ER. The ER was kind of fun. I got to sit in a bed and watch Sesame Street and eat Lucky Charms. They even had a bed where me and my mom could sit and they wheeled us to get an x-ray of my leg. The doctor thought it was broken so they put me in a splint. No walking for me!

After the ER, I went to my mom's work for a little bit. I got to tell everyone my story. Then we went home, and I took a 4 hour nap. I woke up when my mom said that Papa was at my house. What? Papa came to my house? Awesome! That night my mom, Papa and me went to Genji's -- the Japanese steak house in Midland. You should have seen me eat some filet, chicken, rice and soup. It was so yummy! Then we went to Dairy Queen, and I shared a M&M blizzard with my mom.

On Tuesday, I spent the day with my Papa. We had a lot of fun. Papa took me for a walk downtown. Then we met my mom for lunch, and then I went home to take a nap. When my mom got home from work, she found me and Papa playing my new duck game. I told my mom I wanted to go to the movie and eat popcorn. So we all went to see G-force. It was funny, and I got to eat some popcorn (and some M&Ms).

Today, Wednesday, I went to see the orthopaedic surgeon about my leg. He said the x-rays aren't conclusive, and the fact that I played on my leg and didn't really complain about pain confused him even more. Just to be safe, we decided I should have a walking cast. But -- it's only for 2 weeks, and I can walk with it! I even got to pick my own color for my cast. I was going to pick Blue and Maize, but they didn't have blue.

Can you guess what color I chose?



post signature

No comments: